Materials Needed:Stitched ornament (Mine was on 18-ct canvas 64 threads wide x 64 threads high)
Two 1-1/8" circles cut from mat board (or a size that fits your ornament)
Two 1-1/8" felt circles
Two 2" fabric circles
9" twisted cord
One 2" tassel
#10 embroidery needle
Preparation:1. Trim the canvas leaving 1/2" canvas seam allowance all the way around.
2. Pierce the center of the mat board circles with the sewing awl.
3. Glue felt circles to mat board.
4. Center a fabric circle over a felt covered mat board end cap. Using running stitch on the back side, gather fabric around the mat board to fit snugly and knot to secure. Repeat for the other end cap.
5. Thread the ends of the twisted cord through the fabric, felt and mat board. Tie ends together to secure hanger.
6. Thread the hanger of the tassel through the fabric, felt and mat board. Tie ends together to secure.
Finishing:1. Fold the side seam allowances to the back of the stitched piece and ladder stitch into a tube.
2. Fold the seam allowance at the top into the tube. Place the fabric covered cap with the twisted cord hanger on top of the ornament tube and ladder stitch in place.
3. Turn the ornament upside down and stuff with Polyfil.
4. Fold the seam allowance at the bottom into the tube. Place the fabric covered cap with the tassel on the ornament tube and ladder stitch in place.