Monday, November 14, 2016

A Prayer for Unity

The past week has been a hard one. My spirits were lifted when I saw a piece on TV about the Positive Post-It Movement and how it is being used by people in NYC subways. Later that same day as we were driving to lunch we noticed that the Unity Sculpture in Fremont, CA was covered with Post-It Notes. I guessed why and we went to check it out and sure enough, there were lots of supportive messages as well as few expressing their fears. Someone had left Post-It Pads and Sharpies so you could add your own message, which I did.

Unity by Bruce Beasley, 2014



I'm still working on that one, last ornament for my exchanges this year and hope to have it done by next week. So in the meantime, the only thing I have to show is my Diva Challenge for the week. I started by stringing my tile with the symbol Umoja which means Unity in Swahili. I filled the areas with Keeko and OOF, leaving some of the OOF only partially tangled.

Tangles Used: Tipple, Keeko, OOF

This week I leave you with the music video Unity by Shinedown.

10 comments:

  1. If not now, when?? ...Now is the time for compassion, empathy, and unity. Great Post! Love your Keeko tile. Blessings Dorita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post Dorita. Thank you for posting this picture of the Unity sculpture. And I love your Keeko tile and the Umoja string that you used. I learned something new here. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is full of hope and that's great! Your tile is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is ever accomplished without a positive attitude. Good for you. Nice tile too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photo of the unity sculpture and the way that it was being used this week. Great tile too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful choice of tangles around Keeko. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your tile, your photos and your sentiments. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful post! Your tile with Keeko is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Umoja symbol is so appropriate, I will be posting positive messages, something good may come from this. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Dorita, for the post and the tile using Umoja. I received a blessing from this, and will look to share it with others.

    ReplyDelete