Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day 2015

The Muster Mixer Challenge this month is to combine the two patterns Balloya and Arukas. Balloya was new to me but after some practice in my sketchbook I combined them in a way that made me happy. There was no string used here. Just the initial triangles used as seeds and kept tangling until it felt done!

Tangles Used: Balloya and Arukas

And this week's Diva Challenge is to raise awareness for Moebius Syndrome, a disorder which only affects one in a million and has touched the Diva's family. Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day (MSAD) is Friday, January 24th. The Diva gave us a string we could use that is a drawing of the logo for the Moebius Syndrome Foundation and told us that the color for MSAD is purple. I have always been fascinated by the Mรถbius Strip which is what the logo is based on so I got to work quickly on creating this tile. I was originally going to choose tangles beginning with the letters M, S, A, and D but the simplicity gods intervened and so I have only used M and A. They intervened again when I was coloring the piece. I was going to color half the ribbon with metallic pencil ( part of a set given to me for Christmas) and the other half with a watercolor pen. But after putting in the pencil I could see that was enough. So I added a bit of shading and it is done. I guess the lesson this week is sometimes less is more!

Tangles Used: Meer and Ahh

11 comments:

  1. I love the tone, and purity of your Tile. Your right, the subtle color is just right. Wonderful idea to draw in the round. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tile, Dorita. Very clean and fresh. You stopped just at the right moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tile is somehow shining in his straightforwardness and the star-like Ahhs. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tiles! Your meered ribbon is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tile! Love the Ahh background with the Meer ribbon. Quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful combination of Balloya and Akuras! Your tile with the Moebius ribbons is absolutely gorgeous! Great choice of the tangles! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your tiles are great. Love the Meer in the ribbon with the Ahh background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that tangle Ahh! I actually even like how it sounds...your Moebius strip though is beautiful and the purple you created is so calming! All coming together for a great awareness of the syndrome. Beautiful work! And those combined patterns are so creatively done

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, the color is just right in it

    ReplyDelete
  10. this tile reminds me of a little dish on my gramma's dresser, where she might put her wedding rings or other pieces of jewelry for safe keeping. It's very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your tile, so much in the simplicity and cleanliness of the lines. Great looking tile.

    ReplyDelete