Monday, April 11, 2016

Global Tangling

This week's Diva Challenge was to a globular grid. I had intended to make the cells fairly big but that isn't how it wound up! I must say that distorting the patterns in the edge cells was very challenging but the result is pretty cool.

Tangles Used: Slice, Sails, Ta-Da, Heartfully and Waax


I have spent the last 4 days working on pieces for my art class. The assignment was to do pieces that demonstrate a particular color combination (analogous, complementary, etc.) I used a template I created for an earlier assignment, filled it with the combinations using Illustrator, printed them out onto glossy paper and then drew on them using gel pens. The photos don't capture the metallic or dimensional pens well but you can see the general idea. Thank you TanglePatterns.com for being an invaluable resource!










11 comments:

  1. Your Diva tile is great. All your other work is also very colorful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work!
    I had the same struggles with the Globular grid, but yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job: every picture you show us is really very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely delicate net over your Diva Globe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with your globe. It was difficult as you got near to the edges. I love all your different coloured tiles, amazing how different they all are considering they have the same underlying structure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow I love all your colour explorations, they are fabulous. Like you, I struggled with the globe and the odd shapes it threw up but I think yours works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Diva Globe is beautiful, like a 3D Impression. You have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your diva globe looks great๐Ÿ˜Š I like your art assignment work too lovely bright colours ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your art assignments are quite lively! Grids I can do, Illustrator, not so much. Like not at all, so I applaud you! Have a brilliant day! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the tangles you chose for your Globular grid design. They are so different from what others used, and give a really nice festive look to this piece. Your color series for you class is really wonderful! Each one is striking on its own, but I bet if you mounted them into a mosaic, they would be really spectacular! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete