Some may remember that I stitched the right hand one at a retreat a month ago. I had also started the other at the retreat and finished the stitching after I got home. This week everything came together to make them up into fortune cookies as models for a class I will be teaching in May. I choose the fortune mentioned in the title of this blog sort of ironically since very little planning and quite a bit of luck was involved in this project coming together. I actually had the idea for the project about five years ago and started stitching it four years ago. But then it went onto the back burner and has been simmering ever since. But the program chair of my local needlepoint guild asked me to step in with a class last minute and this was chosen. So now I had to figure out how to do it! Fortunately (pun intended!) things came together pretty easily with the support of a few blogs out there to confirm I was headed down the correct path.
Speaking of paths, this week's Diva Challenge was to use a labyrinth as a string. I found that I enjoyed the process of drawing the string. Very Zen. But then I realized that the width of the path was going to be very limiting. So I scanned it in and enlarged it.
I decided to use Roel on the way in and Cloudfall on the way out. I found tangling this was similar to tangling a spiral which I did earlier this year. I'm not sure you can really see the labyrinth in the finished piece. If I do this again I will either use simpler patterns or a simpler string as the result is a bit busy for my eye. I'm looking forward to seeing what others have done with this one!
|Tangles Used: Roel and Cloudfall|